Although this post is addressed to WordPress bloggers I sincerely thank everyone who visits my blog, be it through e-mail or another blog site.
A year ago I did not even know what a blog was. Now look at me – totally hooked:) I enjoy the diversity of the blogging world and connecting with people globally.
Those who follow my simple blog are all wonderful, compassionate human beings. You might ask how I know that? Well a blog about the fur industry is hardly a happy topic, so you must care about this issue and probably support other animal rights causes.
The notion of receiving WordPress community awards had not crossed my mind until several awards recently came my way. Award nominations help bloggers to discover new blogs and appreciate each other. So in no particular order I thank the following bloggers for their nominations.
~ Dear Kitty. Some blog (http://dearkitty1.wordpress.com/) first introduced me to blog awards by generously nominating two awards to me ~
1. Blog of the Year 2013
2. Parliament Award
1. Celeste from Honk if You’re Vegan (http://honkifyourevegan.com). Celeste has a friendly, personal style to her posts, which include Celeste’s family life. As Celeste’s blog is about her journey in adopting a vegan lifestyle she discusses issues around this subject. Many delicious vegan recipes can be found on this blog. 2. Amelia from Mungai and the Boa Constrictor (http://aecurzon.wordpress.com/). Amelia is both an author and a blogger and her blog title comes from her published children’s book . The presentation of Amelia’s blog is stunning. Many of her posts raise concerns about endangered animals and the environment – this blog is a wealth of information.
A group of owls is called a parliament and this award signifies friendship and togetherness. In this context, owls symbolise wisdom and love and wolves symbolise strength, loyalty and family.
Inspired by the diary of Anne Frank and perhaps by her own life experience, Dear Kitty started her “many-sided” diary/blog some time ago. If it matters, Dear Kitty will post it. She sources videos from all over the world and includes these in her posts. I particularly enjoy the delightful animal videos, which often capture fine detail. Dear Kitty is a dedicated blogger who readily affirms other bloggers. Thank you, Dear Kitty, for making me feel welcome. ~ Carina, whose blog is Wolf is my Soul (http://telania.wordpress.com), kindly nominated me for the ABC Award ~
Carina is passionate about animals and nature. Living in Sweden, Carina confronts several animal rights issues. Fur farms still exist in Sweden! Although Carina focuses on the plight of wolves she is willing to share posts and raise awareness around all animal welfare. Thank you Carina for your support.
~ It was a pleasant surprise when Queenzdesire, all the way from India, nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award (http://queenzdesire.wordpress.com/) ~
Queenzdesire is a blog about jewelery. I like the fact that her jewelry is eco – friendly and includes ethic designs. The terracotta jewelry particularly has an earthy feel to it. Thank you Queenzdesire for taking an interest in my blog.
~ It was a privilege to have Vijay, an enthusiastic, young, bright blogger send me three awards ~
- 1. Versatile blogger Award – already received from Queenzdesire
- Imagine Award
- 3. Dragon Loyalty Award
Vijay’s blog title, HalfEatenMind (http://halfeatenmind.wordpress.com), tells us he has a quirky sense of humour. As a rule of the Imagine Award here are my comments about Vijay:
- He has a degree from a London university and aspires to be a journalist
- He is an extremely talented writer and appreciates good puns
- Despite a mix of ethnic influences, Vijay is Hindu
- He has a deep bond with his sister, Anjali
- He believes in social responsibility
- He is disgusted by animal cruelty
~ A warm thank you to Carmen from For a Better Earth (http://artforconservationbycarmenmandel.wordpress.com/) for the Sunshine Award ~
Carmen is a conservation photographer and selflessly donates 100% of her profits to animal charities. Carmen’s posts fit with the theme “For A Better Earth”, be they about people, animals or the planet. You can also find her amazing work on her blog. Carmen is truly inspirational.
~ Susan from Sunny Side Up (http://sunnysideupblog.ca) nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and acknowledged me as one of the I Am Part Of The WordPress Family ~
Two words describe Susan’s blog – compassionate and creative. There is a diverse range of topics on Susan’s posts from jewelry to animal welfare. As Susan’s blog title indicates, Susan’s approach to life is positive and I greatly appreciate the time she took to read my blog 🙂
Like me, Brigid is a “Proudly South African” blogger. The difference is that I live in a sprawling crime – ridden city, whereas Brigid inhabits a slice of paradise near the sea from where she can view penguins and seals. No wonder Brigid is inspired to preserve this habitat. Her blog is about organic gardening and ways to protect eco-systems. Brigid includes her amazing photographs, which are a joy to look at.
I deliberately end with this award, as it sums up what this is all about. I am now part of a blogging community who do not compete with each other but rather offer support and encouragement.
Some of the awards above request information about myself. So here I go:
- Animal abuse appalls me
- Cats are my passion. They don’t call me the crazy-cat-lady for nothing
- City life suits me but nature soothes me
- I fight for fur-bearing sentient beings and do not wear or eat any non-human animals
- I hate hunting, particularly canned hunting
- Exploitation of any vulnerable group angers me
- Excessive amounts of tea comforts me
- Gardening is a pleasure for me
- I fanatically support soccer. Liverpool is my team and I love its slogan “You Will Never Walk Alone“
- I am addicted to watching DVDs – only classy ones of course 😉
- I have a PhD in psychotherapy and believe it is so important to teach children compassion for all living things